Why Choose The Barbereux School of Evanston for Kindergarten and 1st Grade?
Barbereux’s full-day accredited Primary program provides a rich curriculum emphasizing creativity and the arts. Here, the individuality of each child—his or her unique talents and potential—is valued in a gentle, loving atmosphere that inspires self-respect, self-discipline and self-confidence.
Our Primary Classroom (K-1) features:
- A full academic curriculum: including math, reading, oral language development, writing, listening skills, science, social studies, geography and Spanish. For a full Kindergarten curriculum, click here. For a full 1st Grade curriculum, click here.
- A differentiated curriculum: allowing children of all ability levels to be appropriately challenged and supported.
- A broad curriculum: including music, art, dramatic play, creative movement, and outdoor play daily.
- A highly qualified faculty: all with B.A. or M.A. degrees, and training and/or certification in Early Childhood Education.
- A low student/teacher ratio:providing ample opportunity for individualized attention, positive reinforcement, and caring assistance.
Every Day at Barbereux School:
- Students engage in hands-on learning activities that stimulate group discussions, develop personal interests, and promote in-depth learning.
- Academic subjects and the arts are well integrated, and educational aspects of play activities are highly valued. We treasure children’s innate curiosity, their joy in learning and spontaneity.
- We nurture positive social development in every student. Qualities of good character, including responsibility, cooperation, honesty, respect and kindness, are supported in a welcoming, peaceful, and culturally diverse environment.
The Barbereux School embraces diversity. Located near Northwestern University, we draw international students as well as children from the neighboring communities of Wilmette, Skokie, Glenview, Lincolnwood, and Rogers Park in Chicago.